Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Make Cycle One

For this first make cycle, I decided to go with the avatar option. The challenging part was incorporating all of the elements that identify me into a humanoid shape. To start off, when choosing the art style for this drawing I decided to pull inspirations from capcom's blue bomber megaman because he has always been one of my favorite videogame characters. The mechanical looking arm is supposed to represent my time spent as a child playing and building with legos where I learned a little bit about structure and mechanics. His legs are jet engines referencing my affinity to aviation that spawned at a very young age leading eventually to flight lessons. The musical notes coming out of these engines represents my musical talents that I only recently discovered my sophmore year of highshool. The badge on his chest is a startreck commbadge because I loved watching Startek as a child and it got me thinking about space and astronomy. the window in the top of his head contains a universe inside representing my very active imagination and the dirigible also reinforces my obsession with flying machines. I feel this avatar is a pretty good representation of my science experiences up to this point and he will be even beefier after college.

1 comment:

  1. i like how you connected your childhood with your make cycle. i knew at first glance that your avatar had to have been inspired by mega man!

    ReplyDelete